This policy explains how we will collect, store, use and share your personal information. We collect information in a number of ways including when you use our website, submit an application form or provide information to us by post, email, phone or text.
The data controller is FFAVS Ltd.
You can contact us on 0800 009 3006, all calls are recorded for training and quality purposes.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect and use details such as:
Information you give us
- This may include your name, address, email address, phone number fleet size, vehicle types, site locations and contacts, claims experience, fleet information, financial and payment information.
- Details that you give us when you contact us (by phone, email, through our website or otherwise), complete surveys, provide feedback, fill in forms, participate in competitions or complete applications for insurance policies or other goods/services.
Information we may automatically collect about you
- We may collect information when you use our website including data that allows us to monitor your preferences and how you use our website. This helps us to organise our website content in order to improve your experience. The information we collect includes:
- details of transactions you carry out through our website
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website even if those forms are not submitted
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time)
- products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- We may also collect information from other sources, including (but not limited to) Google Earth, social media and telematics systems.
Information we receive from other sources
- We work closely with third parties (including business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- We may also receive information from other resources, for example, risk assessment models, pricing data, statistics and other information from public databases, websites and other sources, including aggregator websites, which is used in conjunction with the information we collect about you for processing your data in accordance with this policy.
How will we use the information about you?
Whether you provide us with the information, or we collect information from you or we are provided with information from other sources, we may use this information:
- to administer and process sales and payments, dispatch goods and organise installations
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to process your order, applications (whether automated or not) and to manage your account and recover outstanding payments
- to receiving such marketing information (further details are provided in the ‘Marketing’ section below)
to provide news updates, details of special offers and to contact you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you
- to improve our customer service
- to measure the effectiveness of our advertising
- to personalise your repeat visits to our website and to improve our website, including as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure
- to notify you about changes to our services or products
- to administer our websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services / website
- We may send you information about our products and services which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
- You have a right at any time to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes.
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to your information and correction
- You have the right to access information we hold about you. If you would like access to such information, please contact us on email@example.com.
- We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to correct or remove information.
- Where we do hold any of your personal data,we will only hold it for as long as necessary and within the EU.
Cookies and our website
- The type of information we collect may include your internet service provider’s name and details about the pages you accessed.
- None of the cookies used on our website collect personally identifiable information about you.
- We may, at one time or another, use three different types of cookies on our website:
- Session cookies that are deleted after each visit
- Persistent cookies that remain in place across multiple visits to our sites, and
- Third party cookies that are used by our approved business partners.
For further information about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
We may also use:
- Big data analytics – This cookie enables us to access all web traffic to help us improve your browsing experience on our site.
- Big data conversion code – Our website may use conversion code tracking to establish whether an advertisement has driven an enquiry.
- Data capture – The enquiry forms within our website capture a user’s data prior to form submission. This is so we can further improve the user journey and also perform a customer service call (if needed) to ensure the user had obtained all of the information required from our website.
Re-marketing from cookies– We may use re-marketing advertising to deliver targeted advertising messages to users that have previously shown interest in our website.
How to Contact Us